Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Yellow jacket invasion

Bastard Bee

I am bleary with lack of sleep. Two of these little bastards came into my home uninvited, one into my son's bed and one into mine. He got stung on the upper lip in his bed as he was trying to go to sleep and he got stung in my bed on the hand after he finally fell asleep.

When my son wakes up in sheer terror and a lot of pain mommy doesn't get to sleep. Daddy gets angry and irrational, grumbling about work and whatever so mom's on duty. He just laid there crying and screaming because, like his father, he gets angry and irrational. It's a happy home at 1:00 a.m.

Really mud does work wonders though and there is a feeling that I can't really name that encompasses being the mom and being able to hold your baby and know that there isn't any other place on earth your son would feel this safe.

His face is all swollen but he's better this morning and the intruders are dead, courtesy of a work boot, so all is well in the home again.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh that's not nice. When I was young (about 7 or so) My friends and I were playing nicely in the "forest" (actually just bush) on the side my yard. A swarm of those nasty guys stung all of us. My mom threw me in the mud and the rest of us too. Mom's are the best. Isn't so much fun being one?!!

jenny said...

I think you were supposed to lay there and let your daughter kick you all night :) and give her the cold too because we mom's know that nothing makes being sick more fun than having a sick kid too!