Monday, December 22, 2008
Saturday, December 06, 2008
I just went through and tried to go through some of those pending requests...pillow fight, lil green patch...I quit after about five.
What's with all this sending stuff? Snowballs and iPods and scrapbooking shit? It's just imaginary stuff right? Like not real at all, right?
And pokes and super pokes and whatever the hell else. Good karma and 3D puppies?
What am I missing? Anything? Nothing? The entire point?
Friday, December 05, 2008
What's been going on...the photo edition - while I lay a big fat smooch on my new computer with the built in card reader
The best part? He ended up being the fastest kid on his team and after he would either get hit with a pitch or get a base on balls (because he never, ever did get a hit) the only thing he really COULD do was steal.
Here are the bunnies I didn't want to paint over in my daughter's bedroom. Her walls were the lightest purpley blue...I loved that color. And it's a good thing too because I can still see shades of it underneath the crapola paint that I used.
I thought I had taken a bunch of photos of her new bedroom but apparently not. So here's her new Build a Bear - Merrilee on her new quilt with a smidge of one of the new wall colors behind her.
We bobbed for apples at her birthday party. This was the thing she wanted to do most of all. Totally old school and it resulted in a room full of laughing squealing girls. Awesomeness.
That takes us through October....I've got to see what else is in this file...
Thursday, December 04, 2008
And we're five days late (and counting) for the big Christmas tree purchase. Although I'm pretty sure I'm the only one counting...my daughter's only mentioned it once, in passing.
My son invited me to be his guest for a day of crafts and a luncheon at his school. Flattered, although I'm not sure who else he would've asked, I accepted. He's in 6th grade so I can't imagine there'll be many more days like this....
And then he brought home the registration form.
The adults don't get to participate in the craft making like he thought. We're there to run the tables. Each teacher is asking for craft item donations and the whole group of teachers is asking for snacks, paper products, punch, etc.
And the luncheon? $6.00 a plate.
And the cost per child? Which includes the spaghetti lunch and the crafts and snack that we've provided most of the ingredients for? $9.00.
Is this crazy or is it just me?
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
It also, unlike my last computer, enables me to play the Sims and ALL of the Sims related expansion packs courtesy of my pal Mig.
So, if you've been looking for a blog post and are disappointed? Blame her.
But I do have something....
Here we go...
Here are the Rules:
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs - Not tagging.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website. 6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up
1. I used to be a sore loser. Horrible, I was truly horrible. Like throw the cards down and walk away horrible. Or make it so the other person knows that I'm feeding them cards and making mistakes on purpose ensuring that I'm going to lose and it's going to be by a large margin. Only child, anyone?
2. I just learned the definition of which zone was "their zone" and which zone was "our zone" during a hockey game. Dudes, I've been watching hockey and listening to hockey talk for thirty weeks a year for the past four years. You'd of thought I would've picked up on this by now, but no. Our zone has OUR goalie in it. How could I not have figured that out? (Rhetorical question, no "Because you're an idiot!" answers allowed)
3. I cannot remember the different jumps for chinese jump rope and had to google it for my daughter. And a question, if any of you are chinese, is that really how you play jump rope? And was that question offensive?
4. I am convinced that the disappearance of honeybees is directly related to cell phones.
5. I love maps. Oh, and globes too. But mostly maps.
6. I brush my teeth really hard and all my new toothbrushes look like hell after about a week.