Friday, August 06, 2004

Adios!

Well, it's official....he's gone. After receiving such sound advice from his friend the chiropractor the roomate has patched things up with his mom and moved on outta here. My husband was pretty cool about the whole thing but he gave his true feelings away when we pulled in the driveway last night and he said "Please don't be here, Please don't be here".

My husband got rained out of work yesterday so we took a drive up to Kittery Maine to hit the Kittery Trading Post. It's a fishing/camping/everything outdoors store. He wanted a new grill, I wanted a reflector oven for the campfire and my son wanted some fishing lures. So off we went. We spent too much money (a new jacket for my son and some books for us, a stuffed moose for my daughter - all necessities) but it's really a fun place to shop.

I hit the beach again with the kiddos the other day. My son got his first lesson in "don't let the ghetto kids play with your shovels". Not to be crude but when a brilliant remark like "I think I peaked out on my color, last few times I've been here I ain't seen no changes" comes out of the mom's mouth - steer clear. The kids that were with her and her friend took my kid's shovels, rakes and pails and one got stolen. Not at all a big deal, but c'mon when your 1 year old is toddling off down the beach (after he climbed over a big stone jetty) with someone else's things - try opening your eyes. I know, I know, your eyelids won't get no more color girlfriend, but sheesh- he's a BABY!

I brought my Book Club book, My Sister's Keeper to the beach to read and thank god for the sunglasses. I was almost done with it and should have known better. After all it's a book about a 13 yr old girl who is trying to medically emancipate herself from her parents because they want her to donate a kidney (after a lifetime of other donations) to her 16 yr old sister who has leukemia and is in the final stages of renal failure. Sob, sob. It was really good. Sob, Sob. I had to put the book away and swim with the kids. It could've gotten ugly.






No comments: