Thursday, August 12, 2004

Florida and Maine


Lunch! Posted by Hello

I can just hear my daughter hollering every time I look at this. Which is a good thing. I took this at Lion Country Safari this past March. My inlaws rented a house for a month this past winter/spring and we flew down for our first airplane ride vacation. We didn't hit any of the Disney/Sea World stuff and opted instead for the river boat 'alligator sightings' cruise and the beach and mini golf and that type of thing. At the airport all of the grammy and grampy types were asking the kids if they were going to see Minnie and Mickey. My son was like "Disney World is in Florida?!?!?!?" Oops, did I leave that out?

We tried the Kennedy Space Center. It bored us to tears. It was hugely expensive and so, so dull. The only way to even get close to where they launch the shuttle and all that is a 2 1/2 hour bus tour. Huh?? They want us to sit on a bus for 2 1/2 hours and get off once for a photo op and once at the gift shop?? Not this family. We opted for the space shuttle playground then took off to Cocoa Beach.

We loved stinkin' Lion Country. The kids were cuckoo on the Safari. It's one of those deals where you drive through this park and the animals roam freely (except the Lions, they have their own lion spot, because pretty much most everything else there was dinner) the Zebras and giraffes, elky things and Lions. They had such a blast it was impossible not to love the place. There's a zoo there too. A lot of lizards and birds, turtles and things. Did I say we had fun?

Well, they're all gone to Maine. I had to work tonight and they went without me! The house is quiet. Not the 'Phew, they're in bed quiet'. The 'The house is way too empty' quiet. The longest I've been totally without my kids before is 27 hours. My son's gone away with my husband and I've taken him away too, but no kids? After 27 hours I was pacing around, mindlessly cleaning the countertops and looking out the window waiting for them. Now I have three days if I want it. I could go up tomorrow night, but it's supposed to rain a lot in the next day or two and I'm not sure if I want to hang out inside the camper with the dogs and the kids. Plus my sister in law, her boyfriend and my nephew. But for now, I'm going to watch Dave Letterman in bed, wake up too late, eat cereal by myself and only make one bed. Did I say I was actually thinking about going to Maine???

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is the cutest picture ever! Sounds like a lot of fun :)