Saturday, August 28, 2004


Raccoon damage.

Lying in bed at two a.m. and I hear what I think is a skunk sniffing around and maybe nosing into the bin of dry goods (bread and cereal and things....see squirrel damage below). I check, don't see anything. I go back to bed, not to sleep though because I never sleep the first night that I'm anywhere but home.

Four a.m. comes and I hear some more action from outside... I check again and I see him...up behind a tree, eating something and watching me. I do a quick scan of the bin, not open, so zip, I shut the tent curious, but really wanting back into the warm bed. Not fifteen minutes later I hear the same damn noise....now I'm pissed and very, very tired. I jump up, grab the flashlite and leap out of the tent, realizing after I do this, that I am actually scared the raccoon will jump on me and claw the crap out of me for confronting him.

Well, it was the cooler. He popped open the latch and the rustling around that I heard was actually him digging through the ice cubes to find the package of chicken. He ate three pieces before I interrupted his little party. Posted by Hello

No comments: