Monday, August 02, 2004

Today

Totally a normal day today. I worked at the town hall for a few hours. I got elected to bring up the boxes of old Conservation Commission stuff up to the attic. I made about 30 trips up and down a set of those pull down attic stairs in the stifiling heat. God knows I'll be happy never to see another storm water management plan for some stinking cul-de-sac in town. It's very cheery up there - check out the picture.

But the treasure I found up there made it all worthwhile. I had no clue where I should be putting these huge boxes so I was looking around and spotted an old Fisher Price garage and airport in just about perfect condition. Now, I've got alot of the older Fisher Price little people stuff because my mom saved most of mine except I never did have that garage. But I've always wanted it and bad. So my mission tomorrow is to accost the town administrator to see how I can make that garage mine.

I bought a blow up boat for two this weekend and I took it out on the pond with my daughter after supper. It was so beautiful out there and totally peaceful. We live about 150 feet away from the shore and don't have a great view (my neighbor's house is in the way) but I wouldn't trade this spot for anything. There aren't any gas motors allowed on the pond so its only paddleboats, canoes and rowboats. In the winter we have big ice skating/hockey parties with the neighbors. SNIFF......(pause here, I'm stopping to smell the roses).

Got an invitation to my brother-in-law's fiance's bridal shower for this weekend in New Hampshire. Thanks for the 4 day notice. My husband is the best man in this shin-dig. They've also planned a cookout locally for those of us that cannot make it to NH in a few weeks and we have plans that weekend too, and these are with my sister-in-law (sister of the groom to be). Quite obviously, we aren't at all close to this brother-in-law, who will be called BIL for short because he's really not worth typing all those letters for. Anyway, this BIL of mine is a complete jerk. Even my husband has had it up to his eyeballs with him and seriously considered refusing the best man duties. We've met the prospective bride precisely one time for about 5-10 minutes. This isn't a question of long distance, they live 30 minutes away. I will tell this story another day, I'm just venting for now. The upcoming nuptuials are causing some stress in the family and it's rubbing off. But put it this way....after this BIL called to tell us he was getting married and would my husband be his best man, my husband gets off the phone and says "What the hell was that?? Three months ago I dropped him off at the train station with $7.00 and a tent and now he's engaged????".


No comments: