Friday, August 13, 2004

Anarchy and Patriotism!!

I can do whatever I want whenever I want. And it ROCKS!! It's 11:30 at night, Incubus is blaring from my computer and there's clean laundry all over my bed, begging to be folded. I watched a movie while eating Chinese food on the couch! Usually a forbidden activity. Not this weekend. Rules? Who needs 'em???

They've called a few times. It rained and rained and rained on them. My sister in law packed up and drove home. My son begged to stay, so stay they did. Did I mention that my husband is really in the top 25 of dads in the entire universe? His husband ranking is still in question , but these daddy things he pulls, always get him a few notches higher. Then his proverbial "So, what did you do this weekend?" as he surveys the house with a disapproving eye will send him spiraling back downward.

This post is taking me forever to write (a bit o' Godsmack comin at ya loud and clear).

Turns out I am not a very successful addict. Done with Webboggle. Probably something to do with me not being a very successful player.

MMMMmmm - I just smelled my hands and they smell like bleach. (proof I have been doing something). I love the bleach/chlorine smell. I also love the smell of a New England Boiled Dinner as prepared by my mother in law, fresh cut wood, campfire smoke, and gasoline. Who cares? Maybe someone. And if you're that someone...thanks!

The Pats won the first preseason game tonight. I love that damn team.

Here are some pictures of my personal favorite:

Willie McGinest
Vs. Jacksonville


Tonite's Game
Tonight's Preseason Game

Well, I wasted alot of time fooling with those pictures, now it's late....g'nite.

2 comments:

Twist of Kate said...

Ah, a girl after my own heart. Alternative music and Football!!! Glad you're enjoying your time alone. What's it like, huh? TELL ME!!! HUH??? :)

~Kate

jenny said...

Aaahhh - Kate, the time alone was heaven! I highly suggest you make reservations for your husband and children someplace about 4 hours from home, pack their things and kiss 'em goodbye. You'll be a new girl after that.