Sunday, August 08, 2004

What I did on my Summer Vacation

Let's see....ummm....
Not a lot going on here....
More work on the house for the husband.
Son is complaining that we haven't gone anywhere fun for three days and complaining about going to the sitter's house tomorrow.
Daughter tried to learn to hula hoop. She holds the hoop and shakes her bum around. Love her.
(Love the son too especially with these earplugs I'm wearing)
I cleaned the house, changed my daughter's bed two nights in a row (love that overnite potty training), cooked dinner for company two nights in a row, babysat my mom's 14 yr old dog and rowed my dinghy over to the beach on the other side of the pond and layed in the sun for two hours with my next door neighbor. Bliss.

Last night our good friends came by for dinner with their two kids and every time I think I'm am literally going to go crazy I should just stop for one minute and picture their lives. They both work full time, they have a seven year old daughter and a five year old son that they just adopted through the Department of Social Services. The daughter is having some real issues with her brother and now they are getting letters from the boy's dad saying that he wants his yearly visit and please keep in touch with me and wah, wah, wah. She desperately wants to work part time and they just cannot afford it. When she was pregnant with her daughter her mom told her that she'd babysit for her so that they could save all of that childcare money and put a small addition onto their small home. Well, they did the addition and then had the baby and the mom changed her mind. Nice, huh? I can't imagine coming home at 5:30 at night and only seeing my two terrors for 2 hours a day.

Then some more friends and our neighbors came by for some drinks and a fire 'round the chimenia. I love summer. My inlaws came over for dinner tonite and they played frisbee and hula hooped with my kids. Again, I love summer.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'd go crazy if I didn't get to see my kids all day every day. When I go out for a few hours I miss them. But when I return and so does the crying and whining I remember why I had to go out for a few hours! Lol.

jenny said...

She's a really good friend of mine and I do feel sorry for her because it's really, really bothers her. She's not in it for the flat screen TV, she's in it for the groceries and electricity. But I do know she makes the most of the time she gets with them and that's what's really important.