Tuesday, August 03, 2004

New Roommate

Hey, super, exactly what I didn't want. My husband's newly seperated friend from high school with a host of issues has just taken up residence in my camper in the driveway. He's now watching TV with my husband in the living room (hello, that's my seat on the couch buddy) and I'm hiding in my room watching the Amazing Race, blogging and basically freaking out.

His Story: He starting dating this girl right out of High School (say 1986 or so). They lived in their own little world and maintained their outside friendships. They both had family issues (hers a somewhat abusive dad, he a very hermit like father) and kind of dismissed their families altogether. Well, ten (read 10!!) years ago he hurt his back at work (self employed carpenter) and he hasn't worked since. Not at all. He started taking painkillers and smoking alot of dope. She works as a dental hygenist and went to school for massage therapy, which she started doing too, in addition to teaching at the massage school (three jobs). He became kind of reclusive, not keeping in touch with his family or friends. All of his friends were kind of disgusted, lost all respect for him, he goes dirt bike riding, doesn't do a thing in the house (no cooking, some cleaning) doesn't even try to find a job. (Hint to friend: If you can dirt bike ride for a day or two you can certainly get some type of job)

A few years ago he quit the dope, doesn't drink and still doesn't work. Then the wife bought them a house that needed to be completely redone. Thinking he might be jolted into action and maybe work on his own home while she's working. HAH! Wrong again. She worked her three jobs and planed boards and framed walls while he watched. Did I mention he's a perfectionist? No? Well he is and annoyingly so.

So the wife is getting a bit tired of this life, she's brought him to therapy (both back and head), chiropractors, doctors, holistic girls, whatever. She bent over backward for years, waited on him, did whatever he wanted. Now they've become isolated from both families and friends. He constantly puts their family members down and puts the wife down for wanting to mend fences.

The wife asks him to leave, he tries suicide. Well, he only tried halfhartedly and mostly told his wife how terrible she was. She calls the cops, gets a restraining order and boots him. He moves in with the parents he can't stand. Even better he makes no effort to get along with them. Super. And he's badmouthing the wife, telling my husband, he only wants her money, retirement, etc and he's going whole hog after it.... Hello Freak-She worked for that money!!

He's been helping my husband work on siding the house for the past two weekends and forward to tonite 8:00 p.m. KNOCK KNOCK.

2 comments:

Anthobuzz said...

Should I be expecting to see this couple on Jerry Springer sometime soon? Actually i'll be surprised if they haven't appeared on it yet!

Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about portable massage therapy chair. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on portable massage therapy chair and it brought me to your blog on New Roommate. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog jenny and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)