Friday, October 01, 2004


Raindrops on Pine Needles. Taken on the way to the bus stop. Posted by Hello

If you ever get the chance, visit this store. Don't let the giant lighthouse or, in one case, thatch roof repel you. It's not for the faint of heart, especially on a weekend. And unless your man enjoys this type of thing he's best left at home (or in case of a sudden need for a picture frame, lighted christmas pine garland, a mini loaf pan and umpteen inexpensive holiday decorations - in the car).

I usually only go twice a year because well, the stuff is cute and cheap, but mostly it's just that....stuff. And my house is small. And I'm a pack rat, a condition I have genetically inheirited from my father's father. But I went today and the joy... new throw pillows for the couch, two ceramic pumpkins, ghost earrings to delight my daughter on Halloween (my ears NOT hers), shot glasses for my parents cabin, a stack of three pumpkins and my girlie - she behaved. No running away, hiding down aisles and rearranging shelves. We put our new outdoor hanging votive holders outside and voila...it became October.

Oh, and the guy with the frosty breath up above the header is Tedy Bruschi.

No comments: