Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I *heart* baseball

I've never ended up as a hit on Google or Yahoo, until now.

And what were they looking for? Derek Jeter's butt. Now eyes, I could understand. And sickeningly self satisfied smirk, sure. But butt? How about ass. As is Derek Jeter is one.
Okay, is it obviously I'm a little too emotionally invested in this series? I've spent about 15 hours watching baseball in the past three evenings. And am I tired of it? Tired yes, but not of the Red Sox.

One more thing I'd like to add....and sadly enough I care enough about sports to feel this way. I love being a Red Sox fan and I am so glad I am not a Yankee fan. Don't like a call. Throw baseballs at the players and refs. Police in riot gear? Sure, they've got them. While the Red Sox fans are in the stands and they are praying, to God, or the God of Baseball, or whoever, but praying. And hiding their faces, because they are so afraid to look. And their hats, worn inside out, because maybe, just maybe, it will make a difference. Did they throw baseballs when they were losing by 124 runs in the third game...I think not.


No comments: