Monday, May 15, 2006

Who'll stop the rain?

You know the weather has reached an all time low when the sun comes out for 45 seconds and your squinting like crazy at that miraculous bright blob up in the sky and planning a list of 1005 things you can do outside because the rain has ended. Or not, as it's already raining again.

There has most assuredly been a lack of posting here lately. I'm trying to get back in the groove but as soon as I hit 'Create Post' my mind is like a blank slate. Why can't this be the case as I'm lying in bed tossing and turning for forty five minutes?

We spent the weekend in the lovely state of Vermont. And by lovely I mean beautifully rainy and green mountainy. I'll post some pictures tomorrow I suppose but it was mostly just swim, laugh, chatter, swim, eat, drive, swim, goof off.

Two things I noticed:

There are many, many personalized license plates in New Hampshire. I saw more of these in two hours than I'd see in two years in Massachusetts. A big shout out to 5Murbas and Chkadee, the only two I can remember.

Seeing soccer fields flooded with so much water that only the top eight inches of the nets are showing is indeed A LOT of water.

No comments: