Sunday, May 22, 2005

First off, I wanted to thank you all for the birthday wishes. Very nice and very thoughtful. A nice way to start the day.

The birthday that started well and kind of tanked has gone by.

My highlight? Seeing my boy's face when the Star Wars logo came on the screen at the very beginning of the movie. Huge grin. Although I will comment here about the candidate for Parent of the Year award who chose to sit one seat apart from us. Did she really think that a one year old and a 2 and a half year old wanted to spend their day in the theater with us? And did she think we didn't hear her tell them to Shut up. She said that. To two toddlers. In a movie theater. Did she expect them to sit quietly? Dumbass.

Apparently the flowers that I planted the other day need tending too. How do I know? Because my husband got me a watering can for my birthday. He's lucky to be alive. I do not want or need a watering can. Five years ago, before he installed another spicket outside, I said that I wanted one and in a fit of 'There is no gift for Mommy' he remembered the watering can.

IT IS NOT THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS. There is no thought involved in picking out a watering can at the eleventh hour.

Remember I said I was dropping hints like BOMBS all the time. How subtle is "A gift card to Borders would be good" or "I'd like a wind up flashlite"? Not very.

I'm off now, to try to pull this day up by it's bootstraps and make something of it.

No comments: