Monday, May 16, 2005

Birthdays and Survivors

Sadly, I have little to report.

The birthday was fanfareless. After just about begging for a gift idea, which I HATE doing, because nothing says "I have no idea what you'd like", like "I have no idea what you'd like - please fess up with the gift idea", I picked up a few fishing things and a fan for the camper that he's wanted. Not too thrilling.

My in-laws had us over for breakfast and this was the first visit since a recent falling out with my sister-in-law. Nice and awkward, especially considering that I'd be perfectly content never seeing her again. We had chocolate cake at 9:30 a.m. though, so that was good. :)

The husband had no inclination to do anything yesterday, so we just hung out. Made him a nice dinner then watched Survivor.

Speaking of which, ugh. Tom, who started out as a 'stand up guy' and lied to EVERYONE out there, which they all apparently forgot. How did anyone not catch the "Couldn't jepordize the five person alliance I had" and two seconds later proceeds to say that "He would never have wanted to vote Steph out because she was the ACE IN THE HOLE on the FOUR person alliance." But seeing as the other option was Katie, I really could've cared less who won. Stephenie looked better out on the island, that much I noticed. And Coby named his baby Janu? Is this even news? Do you care? Me neither.

But on the horizon.... STAR WARS! Got my tickets already. Not the midnight show, *sigh* but it'll have to do. And after Star Wars, my birthday. No plans yet, but I have gift hints I'm dropping like bombs. Subtlety is not my specialty. Neither is spelling or comma use but whatever.

No comments: