Friday, September 03, 2004

The World According to My In-Laws

First off, don't get me wrong, I really do love them. But with my brother-in-law's wedding coming up - things are getting tense.

1. Fair = Son $52.00, Daughter $0.00, Nephew that lives with them $63.00. These are the amounts of money given to the kids last Christmas by my father in law (they save their bottle redemption and leftover poker dimes). I really and truly wouldn't have cared except they told the nephew that he got more than my son did and then the nephew proceeded to tell my son repeatedly how much more all day.

2. Drug Dealing is okay if you have a nice apartment. My mother in law proceeded to tell us about the nice dinner her sister had at her son's house (my husband's cousin, who I'll call 'C'). The apartment is so nice, so big, all new appliances, and oh, the food was so delicious, he's so generous inviting everyone over for this big spread, etc.

Well, my rose colored glasses were broken that day so I say (around my own,too small for 6 adult dinner table) 'But he's dealing drugs to get that nice apartment'. This is common family knowledge, every one knows C is bad news, drug dealing and some minor trafficking (sp?), but they nearly dropped the food out of their mouths gaping at me. I know, I know, my MIL says. You know, You know? Then why the hell are you going on about his nice stuff? Your own son works a regular, honest to god, job and we are relatively happy and have kind of nice stuff.

3. When your lying, stealing, showboating, smooth talking, ex con of a son (the aforementioned brother in law) says he's sorry. He must be telling the truth. This time.

This post is getting long, I'll get into the Brother in Law later, but first I have to go schedule a tee-time for his bachelor party. What the fuck. My husband is the best man and just informed me that they're going golfing, out to dinner and then to Foxwoods. I am so mad I could honestly cry. But I won't. I'm too mad. I will extract my revenge in far more clandestine ways.

No comments: