Friday, September 24, 2004

So we careen off of the bridge straight into the Chicago River. One of us has been shot and one of us seems paralyzed. Good thing we're doctors because nothing fazes us. We calmly use the cell phone to dial 911 and tell them that indeed we're in a car in the river and BTW we're sinking. Then we hang up. Because we're doctors and nothing fazes us. We will not panic until there is virtually no air left in the car and then only for a second. ER. If I didn't love Maura Tierney and the Bend it Like Beckham chick so much I probably wouldn't watch it. But still I sometimes get sucked in for the catastrophe du jour. I have a friend who is an actual ER nurse and I've never warned her about all of the upcoming trauma she's going to have to deal with. I'll let her know that it's not uncommon for a tank to come on by and just start rolling over people and cars in the parking lot.

Actually, I really don't mind ER so much. It just gets so 'how can we out do the last big thing' that I get eye-rollie.

No comments: