Thursday, March 23, 2006

My Windows xp

The double window in the living room. Dirty. As is the case with most of the windows this time of year. Oh, wait. Every time of year.

Before we rebuilt the house this was the general location of a bow window that let in enough of a draft to blow candles out. Seriously. I was blaming the husband but was totally mistaken.

I love these but they're large and a target for kamikaze birds.



The boy is well. I pretty much knew this but because there four of his friends went home sick in the past two days, I let him stay home anyway, the stipulation being that he lazes around and watches TV and reads. Forced leisure. You'd think I was pulling out his fingernails with pliers, never have I seen a kid more ready to play outside with his sister.

I saw Hustle & Flow last night. If you haven't seen it you should. And the song that won the Oscar? So deserving. Great, great movie.

Do you ever watch a movie and find yourself trying so hard to understand the character's accented english that you begin to think you'll hate the movie and then ten minutes go by and you wonder how you COULDN'T understand what they were saying? No? oh.

No comments: