Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Thirteen on Thursday


Thirteen Things about Jenny


1. Holy doom and gloom. Boy it's been fun over here for the last few days, eh? Well, things are looking up now...

2. I went Christmas shopping last night. My little spreadsheet list is all updated color coded and geeky.

3. Last week, in my Thursday Thirteen I wrote that I had told a real live friend about this site. And not only did I tell her, but I gave her the actual link. I sent it before I could second guess my thinking. She's been nothing but fabulous. Many thanks, C.

4. It is hard to feel Christmasy when it is 65 degrees and sunny out. Of course, that was yesterday's weather. It's supposed to be 17 degrees tomorrow night.

5. I might go to Ikea today but am a little frightened. They had to close the exit ramps on the highway because they were all choked up with traffic last weekend - the grand opening. Seriously, that's crazy. But I am tempted nonetheless.

6. C & I were trapped in the brand spanking new twenty four hour a day walmart last night. Note to readers: Apparently some major cashier mojo goes down around midnight. Beware.

7. Yes, walmart at midnight. New and clean and oh so quiet. Plus the cashiers can laugh at you while you fail miserably at the self checkout.

8. My son got his report card this week and it was spectacular. Hurray!

9. Well then. I've returned from the behemoth IKEA store. There are those airport guys with the flashlites directing traffic everywhere. And the stuff. So much stuff. With names like dkhfajelnk and asdlthoaeirjrk. I have concluded that if nothing else, those Ikea folk have mastered the fine art of packaging. They could make a sofa fit into a tissue box.

10. I am excited to construct my purchases. One of which is red and will come in muy handy for the show and tell tomorrow. Who knew that you'd need a screwdriver and wrench to make a cardboard storage box.

11. I am trying my hand at making chicken pot pie for dinner tonight. Looks easy enough.

12. One more with the sad and gloomy....

13. My mom had to put her dog Daisy to sleep today. She was 14 and had lymphoma. She was a gentle soul. Love you Daise.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Jennifer's Thirteen
2. Sheri & Suzan's Thirteen
3. Jen's Thirteen
4. Shelli's Thirteen
5. Better Safe Than Sorry's Thirteen
6. Dee Jay's thirteen
7. Mommak's Thirteen
8. Jakapk's Thirteen

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



3 comments:

Sheri & SuZan said...

So sorry about your mom's dog.

Now shopping at midnight at Walmart, I think that is the only way I could do it...LOL.

Happy 13 Thursday, we played too!

Jen said...

Oh no! I was laughing at your IKEA names, and then a tear caught in my throat for your mom's dog.

Very up and down 13, wow!

Thanks for stopping by mine, I'll go link to you :-)

Veronika said...

I'm sorry about your mom's dog.
I don't think any of my 'real live' friends know that I have a blog.
Here from Leanne's - Here's my TT