Thursday, December 02, 2004

Things that are pissing me off today...

1. Lowe's refund policy. Tuesday I went and picked out some new crap for the still to be completed bathroom (sheesh, I know I'm slow, but hey the house is all Christmasy and I only have 3 presents left to buy so I've been doing something.) Well, got the stuff home and didn't like it. At All. Drove the 1/2 hour back to Lowe's where the kind gentleman tells me that he can give me a store credit. Store Credit???? Well, see, I wrote a check and according to this damn store I can come back in 15 days for my refund. This is not written anywhere on the receipt, I checked. Why with all of the computer gizmo-y crap we have can we not program a cash register to print out the applicable refund policy on the receipt. Now I get to go back in thirteen days.


2. Inviting my son over to play and then expecting me to stay with my girlie who will only want to continuously interrupt my son and his friend. Lady, it's two hours. And I don't even really like you. And the only reason my son is going over there is because, well, because I have no backbone. Could've said no but didn't. We are in the 'her son likes my son way more than my son likes her son' (got that?) area of friendship. So now I get to spend my afternoon running interference. Yay. Hurray for spines.

3. CBS. Why in the hell is Rudolph on from 8-9 p.m?!?!? My kids go to bed at 8. But god knows we all love that reindeer. So I broke the bedtime, let them snuggle in and watch. My girlie is hell-on-wheels today.

Carried her out of Lowe's

MOMMA, I want a map
But girlie, the store entrance is separate from the refund entrance
I WANT A MAP
no, I'm not going to carry all my 'nonrefunable at this time' items over there
IWANNAMAP
No, *heave kicking girl over shoulder and leave*

Carried her out of Filene's

*Moves Fiestaware around*
Me : Patiently waiting for employee so I can pay my balance off - because that's all I needed to do dammit.
*Moves more Fiestaware*
Please don't girlie, it's glass
THIS IS MY DESK
Okay, I'll ask you again, please don't it's glass.
IWANNA
Me: Directs girlie over to stand next to me without first noticing the stack of boxes next to the register on top of which, placed delicately, is a glass tray with six glass shot glasses balanced imperfectly.
*Touches glasses*
Please don't girlie, last time I'm telling you
IWANNA
I pay and again with the carrying out of the store.

Thank you CBS.

Think happy thoughts for me.

No comments: