Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Channeling Donald

So you want me to poly that tonight so you can start on the ceiling?
*Silence*
You DON"T want me to do you, you don't trust me not to mess it up - is that what that *silence* was? Huh?
she said incredulously

Look, Jenny - you're second rate.

Just because you paint two rooms doesn't mean that I'll trust you with the poly on this fine piece of workmanship.

You think I want brush marks or worse - a drip? No way, I can't have someone polying for me that can't be trusted not to leave a drip. If you want a job done right I guess you've got to do it yourself.

Excuse me, Mr. Tr.. uh, I mean, husband - you think I might let some sawdust or a doghair dry into the fine,sanded surface of your cabinet? Well, I wouldn't sir, (I mean you - guy that is so anal I cannot believe it) I'm a fine assest to this project, sir. But...But...

No more buts. It was a hard decision the two times you were project manager the rooms were painted but brushmarks were evident and you got paint on the ceiling - in both rooms. It's unacceptable. And even though you were the one who volunteered to help me and I previously accepted - I've rethought it. Now you get to go upstairs and watch a movie on the couch with a fleece blanket and pillow and some warm popcorn or Butterfinger hot cocoa (recommended by The Impulsive Buy, thankyouverymuch) maybe uh...where was I? Yeah, well, tough decision, but I can't trust you. I'm sure you'll do well elsewhere, but here it is....

You're fired
.

Update: He said that like it was a bad thing. :) I popped some corn, put Whalerider in the DVD (which is a movie I highly recommend by the way) and did zilch. Hurray for unemployment.

No comments: