Thursday, December 15, 2005

Thirteen on Thursday


Thirteen Things about YOUR NAME


1. "I'm going to grow up to be a murderer or in jail you guys are doing such a bad job of raising me." That little tidbit of wisdom from my boy. Who is still angry that he was punished for calling me a b*tch. Four days later.

2. My tree has stopped drinking water but remains green and isn't losing any needles. yet. My trees ALWAYS die 10 days or so before christmas whether we cut them down or buy one precut and shipped from Canada. Each day I check it and beg it to take a little sip. Yes, I talk to the tree.

3. I forgot to buy the teachers christmas presents. I'm thinking coffee gift cards and some homemade cookies.

4. We just got our first bill for the Cobra health insurance payment. Holymotherofgod. *adds Health Insurance to Christmas list*

5. I have not wrapped any gifts and I have only ONE christmas card written out. One.

6. The dog ate 3/4 of a loaf of white bread this morning. Why can I not remember to put the bread out of his reach?

7. I would love a weekend alone in this house to clean, clean, clean. Well, clean. Then a movie. Then clean some more. Then check my blogroll. Then clean a little bit. Order takeout. Then some more cleanup. Watch another movie, maybe? And sleep. And then enjoy my clean house.

8. I'm hosting a christmas eve get together for my parents and my husband's family (well, immediate family). I usually make a few lasagnas (as they are nice to prepare early and then just require baking while the guests are here) but this year I'm doing barbeque.

9. Pulled pork, homemade beans, cornbread, ribs. And a salad. Any other suggestions? Another vegetable maybe?

10. The whole christmas shopping/keeping secrets thing, my girlie is loving it. She's got a twinkle in her eye.

11. I've had something scratchy in my eye for the past three hours. Startin' to bug me.

12. I just started watching the sopranos, I know I'm like six years behind the curve here and this will be news to no one....but it's pretty good.

13. woot! another thursday thirteen complete!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!