Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Farewell Mr. Damon. I can't say that I blame you. The front office is Theo-less and Lucchino's still there. Mueller, Mirabelli and Edgah are gone, Manny and Wells want to go and Millar isn't long for Yawkey Way either. I never really cared for your media whorish ways, but your batting average, that I could appreciate. Your bald Dunkin' Donuts commercial wasn't all bad either, I guess.

But to the Yankees? Should I be surprised? Of course the Yankees. They take our men, stick them in pinstripes, cut their hair and give them millions. We take it personally when they go to the Yanks. Especially when they play wonderfully there. I wish I could say that I wish him well but really, I'd love to see his bat go cold in the Bronx.

A snippet from the Yankees' website:

Apparently, Damon's goals changed over the past eight months, as he told MLB.com in early May that money would not be the determining factor in his decision.

"There's no way I can go play for the Yankees, but I know they're going to come after me hard," he said on May 3. "It's definitely not the most important thing to go out there for the top dollar, which the Yankees are going to offer me. It's not what I need."

Um, yeah, sure.


No comments: