Thursday, September 22, 2005

A Word or Twenty about the Music

You too can have your own video player. That plays the same three songs overandoverandoverandover. But do we Sox fans EVER get tired of listening to the Dropkick Murphys? hell yeah Never.

1. Tessie. A song for the ages. These ages. Or last year's ages, when the Sox were clawing their way out of a three game deficeit to beat the Yanks and then mopping the floor with the Cardinals. This season's ages? Time will tell. But I get goosebumps every time they play that song and show Ortiz at the plate ready to belt in another walk off homerun.

2. Breathe by Anna Nalik. Okay, so my guilty pleasure is Laguna Beach...The Real O.C. I can't believe I just admitted to that but there it is...gone with the swipe of a mouse but I'm leaving it up there for you all to snicker. S'okay. And they happened to play that song when L.C. finds out that Stephen went to see Kristen the same day came to visit her...riveting innit? And while I don't get all emotionally involved I did like the song and was ohsopleased to find it already playing during my theivery.

3. Somebody Told Me by The Killers. I love The Killers. My kids love The Killers. And this line: "somebody told me that you had a boyfriend that looked like a girlfriend" makes them laugh like crazy.

No comments: