Thursday, September 01, 2005

Let this be a warning to you


Like I've said, I don't scrapbook but I definitely do the photo album thing. Except when I don't. I haven't ordered digital pictures for almost a year. So when I finished uploading and ordering all 478 of them I breathed a sigh of relief because the uploading, even with cable or broadband or dsl or whatever the hell comcast dishes out, it took a loooong time. But no worries, right? Because I was ordering through here I was saving money and LOTS of it.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Once you get the really good service it's hard to go back. Even if it costs you well more than you should spend. Comcast, I'll forever be your slave in exchange for overpriced but wicked fast internet service. Dial up....hahahaha, I'd let my kids starve before I ever return to your evil ways. And Verizon Broadband whateverthefuckitis, still half the speed of comcast. Do I need twice the speed as verizon? I maintain that the answer to that question is and will always be yes.

Anyways. Do not order pictures from Snapfish. Holy christalmighty. After the upload of all one gazillion pictures I'm clicking away, filling my little shopping cart. As I finish up the order I realize that there was no one asking me what to type on the back of the pictures. Shutterfly does it, you type "Girlie Showing off her Touching Her Nose with her Tongue skills" and as it already prints the date you took the picture back there you just move on and type in the next caption. Snapfish does no such thing.

I figure they would print the date. Wrong. I figure they would send the pictures, all 478 of them in the order I ordered them. Wrong. I figured an entire envelope wouldn't be filled with pictures that were stuck together because they must've been still wet or something from their cheap ass machine. Wrong again.

So not only did I have to write the date and event on the back of every picture but I had to put them all in some sort of order and in the case of one group...unstick them. And the cropping. They chopped off girlie's head sending me a half sized picture. They cut corners. Literally. The corners of at least four pictures are missing.

Okay, so shutterfly is double the price of snapfish. Double. Next time I'd willingly pay it unless you guys know of something better...in that case, please share.

No comments: