Sunday, March 20, 2005

First Terry, then April and now Kate and Tash and always Gemmak, Jen & Lisa. I guess it's spring cleaning time - time to switch up the ole blog templates. I love clicking and finding something new.

Hair dyeing - complete. My daughter freaked and thought she wasn't going to know who I was and then promptly changed tactics and begged my to try purple. Um, no, not this time - but scarily, I find it tempting.

Reptile Show- complete. Money sucking extravaganza is what it should say in parentheses. But whatever, kids liked it and we got to pet an alligator.

Surprise Party - complete. Missed the surprise part and the roast/eulogy but had fun nonetheless.

The dogs are duking it out for the much coveted title of "Biggest Pain in the Ass". Our lab, who we've had from puppyhood, well...we thought he was over all the ridiculously bad dog behavior. HAH. The past month has been non-stop "What in the hell did they get into now?!?!?" in this house. Let me just say the first time I found Fred the Beagle on the kitchen table, licking my daughter's plate well, I had to laugh. A dog. On the table. *hee - small dogs are so funny* The 15th time, not so much.

And now Baxter the Lab has been lured to the dark side. There is simply no other explanation for finding the leftover macaroni and cheese, which was left to cool in a tupperware dish - pushed up against the back edge of the counter!- empty and on the floor. And three separate tubs of butter, or margarine or whatever.... gone. From the counter to the floor and licked clean by the time I return from the bus stop. Unless Fred has mastered the use of a step stool our well behaved dog has turned a new leaf.

Last night, Fred decided that we had made him wait long enough for dinner. An entire sub, except for some spinach, gone. Then comes the fun. Big bloated beagle. Take him out a million times, pray he doesn't have an accident on the floor. At least this time I knew what he ate. A game I don't like to play is "Why is Fred all bloaty and fat looking and why can't I find any evidence of his gluttony???"

The son had his first playoff hockey game. They got smoked 12-0. The other coach apologized. The kids didn't seem to mind too much, they're a good bunch. We have a green patch of grass showing through. Grass. Real, live grass. Amazing.

No comments: