Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Another foot of snow on Monday night. No school Tuesday. Again. Guess when my son gets out for the summer. June 28th. That's right three days before JULY.

I've fallen asleep at 7:30 p.m. for two of the past three nights. Missed the Oscars. Even the red carpet stuff was dull and after ten minutes I lost interest. I knew I'd get the best possible recap on Go Fug Yourself anyway. Those girls are great.

Unfortunately the one night I did stay up was Monday. I wasted most of an evening on a pile of crap called The Bachelorette. Ugh. Of course you cannot MAKE someone fall in love from a group of twenty five men, but do you then have to pretend to have to think about an engagement when it's pretty clear that you're not totally "committed'' to the guy. And then to them pretend to have her break the news on the live show. Uh, okay. Did everyone NOT hear her whispering to him when she came out? Was that ABC or really Jen's call, who knows. Ugh, the whole premise of the show has always kind of bugged me but I watched anyway. By the end of the show though, I end up seriously disliking the bachelor/ette because they just lead that second place contestant right on. Here's a hint: Quit with the making out with the second place contestants after they profess their love for you. Do them and yourself a favor. It's just plain cheesy.

And on the parent front...they called Sunday morning for directions to the rink. No phone calls or hints from us. They went to the game. My son impressed his grandparents with his hockey abilities. They cheered. At dinner that night my mom proceeded to ask him if he really, really likes it or just goes. Again with the question. It's the question that bothers me, coupled with the comments she's made to me in the past, more than the lack of attendance. Whatever mom. He's psyched for next year's tryouts if that means anything. Which it doesn't because according to her he plays just to please us. Grrr.

But seeing as I posted about the hockey issue and then it all happened of its own accord I will now rant about not winning the lottery. Can't hurt right? Okay, I can't even rant. According to the commercials - "You can't win if you don't play". Ah-ha. That's the trick, eh? Well, I don't play so apparently no amount of posting will make lottery winnings fall into my lap.

No comments: