Thursday, March 31, 2005

Ditching School - Second Grade style

Again, karma, or as Catt calls it- Karmel, has gotten the best of me. Although, it got her - and but good, a few weeks ago.

Son: Mum I don't feel so good, kind of like I'm going to throw up.

Me: Aw honey, you don't feel warm - is it your stomache?

Son: yeah, and my throat feels all thick.

Me: well, strep is going around and you don't look so well, maybe you should stay home.

Fast forward two hours....

Son: Mom, can I play gamecube/gameboy/warcraft? Sister can you get me a popsicle/pencil/paper/marker/whatever.

Daughter: Running to and fro with popsicles for the boy, wrappers for the trash, pencils, markers, lap desk - otherwise known as her brother's every whim.

Me: Feeling better?

Son - slinking down on the couch: well, i don't know, i'm kinda....

Me: You feel fine don't you? Don't you? I need to know.

Son: Yeah.

Me: Stop treating your sister like your own personal gopher then and the new threshold for staying home will be actual vomit or a fever and possibly a broken bone - but don't count on that last one.

So my day, planned for the outdoors, has been summarily cancelled. I've changed my blog, edited my blogroll and surfed through some of your blogrolls for some new reads. I've made beds, cleaned the kitchen, done some laundry and well...I guess that's it.

We can't even go to the library to find a book on brook habitats because we'll get busted by the librarian. That and his class visits the public library every other Thursday and I'm not sure if it's this week or not.

Survivor tonight? I'm hoping so.

No comments: