Saturday, March 05, 2005

The book club was it's usual success. The book, 100 years of solitude. Well, let me just say that I read half of it and only two people out of 15 finished it. Neither one being the hostess who chose it. Difficult and homeworkish, although it was beautifully written. Do you care? Nah, proably not.

Our next book choice was written by one of the members of our book club. She just got it published and it's listed on Amazon. I've linked her over in my sidebar. I guess she had a publishing deal and she was unhappy with it so she decided to self-publish. She's only been coming to our group for the past 3 or so meetings but I cannot wait to read it. I hope it's good. What if it isn't?? Gak! That's my worry for her. She swore that she wants to know what we really, really think.

If I like it I'll let you all know and then you can all order it and make her very, very happy. And if you don't want to wait for my opinion then just go ahead and order it anyway :)

The girls in the book club are trying to get me to scrapbook. I am like a cat, legs outstretched, claws out-clinging to everything in sight as someone tries to stuff me into a car carrier. Resistance is futile they tell me. We shall see....

No comments: