Thursday, July 29, 2004

Home Again

Well, we've returned. A day early.  Damn the Weather Channel and their unreliable forecasts. They guessed at non-stop rain for Wednesday and Thursday and Surprise - wrong.  We packed up and left yesterday and by the time I was done packing the entire camper up it had slowed to a light drizzle.  Then it stopped. 

The kids were kindy of  whiney and greedy all weekend.  My son informed me that he would stop complaining if I would just do whatever he asked.  Pleasant boy. And my daughter is a champion instigator.  We actually didn't have a bad time.  We had campfires, went for a couple of bike rides on the bike trail that was attached to the campground, went to the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary where a very aggressive member of the Audubon Society tried to muscle me into purchasing a membership.  I cannont say enough good about the rest of the place.  It was gorgeous. The trails were easy for the kids with little boardwalks sticking out into the coves for close up views.   We saw tons of turtles, a red squirrel, frogs, fish, tons of birds and dragonflies, chipmunks and butterflies.  Nothing really out of the ordinary for this area, but the setting was sublime.  

We mini-golfed by ourselves at 9:30 in the morning at a place right off the bike trail.  Turns out we beat the crowds.  We drove by like 2 hours later and the place was jammed. Yay us!!  Then the kids met some fellow campers and shot cap guns, played spy and painted rocks. 
I got an awesome campfire popcorn popper for Christmas last year so I made a batch of popcorn then shipped them off to bed. 

After the quick pack up we went to Provincetown for awhile and spent too much money on some necklaces, a dice game and a Thomas the Tank Engine card game and we headed home.   How does my son not notice all of the men couples and girl couples holding hands and stuff in this town??

And that was my camping trip.  The End. 





1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear you had a good time. Too bad for the weather :( The kids look like they had a great time. So excited!