Monday, July 19, 2004

25,000 BTUs and Weekend Plans

It's officially summer.  The air conditioner has arrived at its summertime perch in my bedroom window, right above my computer.  It blows frigid air and viral infections on me as I work and sleep.  Never mind that it blocks my view of the great outdoors (mostly pine trees and sky but I like it).  My husband works outside and says that if he's going to sweat all day he doesn't want to sweat all night too.  I see his point but c'mon...it's only been hot for like 3 days all summer here.  I just wanted a few more days of fresh air.
 
Am going to take the kids camping either this week or next. Me, two kids and the tent.  Yikes.  I was going to head to the property in Maine with them but the husband is concerned for my safety.  The nearest neighbor is about one mile away and sometimes we get visitors from down the road (guys on quads) and he doesn't entirely trust them.  What's not to trust about toothless men on quads carrying guns?  Just kidding.  They have a few teeth.
 
Actually, everyone who's visited us seems pretty nice (they usually bring their kids-not their guns-and some beers) but still, it is a long way from help and the cell phone isn't too reliable up there.

No comments: