Sunday, July 11, 2004

The Boys are Back in Town

How do I know they're back? Well it couldn't be the attitude my son gave me when I tried to put sunblock on him before he went to a pool party. Or the way my daughter cried when he wouldn't let her pet Freddy (because she saw him all weekend) or the way my husband got angry because I forgot to write the last check I wrote in the check register. Well, they leave again Friday for another weekend....Adios boys! Really, I'm glad they're home safe and sound but a few days without them suits me just fine too.

Plus my son threw a total fit when he found out that tomorrow was his day at the babysitter's house. It really is boring for him there but cripes, you'd think I was putting him in a playpen for 22 hours instead of his auntie's house for 4 1/2. It's all babies (my daughter was the oldest one before he came for the summer)and not exciting at all but my son does not know the meaning of the words 'suck it up'. I mean, I only work one day out of the week and it's a half day at that.

Oooohhhh, my neighbors invited us over for a campfire and while I told them I have to work, my husband is loafing on the couch. Hey bud, it's only summer for another month or so...get out there. I only included this last bit because the yummy campfire smell is being blown into my bedroom window from the fan and I love it. :)

No comments: