Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Two things about the HomeRun Derby:

1. The announcers on ESPN make me thankful for the team of Remy & Orsillo. How can a network, one that is totally devoted to sports, do no better than Chris Berman?

2. How clean is the Allegheny River?


For Cat:




















The boy had his nine year checkup today...he's all elbows and shoulder blades and ribs. The official medical term I think is "skin and bones".

He's gained twenty pounds since he was five. So, in keeping with that math I told him he'd be weighing in at a whopping 75 pounds when he turns 13. And he'd be *this* close to getting out of his booster seat. I also told him that they'd let him keep it in the hall during his driver's ed classes. And that he should date a skinny girl and they could have a matching set.

And yes. He still sits in a booster seat...the kid is as light as a feather and on the short side. He complained about it earlier in the week (and weirdly this is only like, the second or third time he's really said anything) so I gave him the ole "just because your friends parents don't use them doesn't make it a good decision" lecture. I told him we'd try fattening him up and no matter what he could lose the seat when he turns ten. TEN. He was totally okay with that. My little weirdo.

No comments: