Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Two Memes for the price of One

I saw that Tash and Jennifer had done this and Iwanted to get in on the action so here goes:

Juneau, Alaska
Essex Railroad
New Hampshire, all over the place
New York, New York
Icy pond outside my house
Florida, Port St. Lucie
Eastham, Cape Cod
Ralph's-the accountant.

Take each letter of your name and use it to spell out places that you've been. It's that easy.

Tash also had this meme up too:

Here are the rules:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

Well, sadly, my book club book is closest. Quite frankly, I don't enjoy a reading challenge. Especially when it comes to book club. Too much like homework. The title and link are over there in the sidebar. Here goes:

Arcadio had seen her many times working in her parents' small food store but he had never taken a good look at her because she had that rare virtue of never existing completely except at the opportune moment. But from that day on he huddled like a cat in the warmth of her armpit. She would go to school at siesta time with the consent of her parents, to whom Pilar Ternera had paid the other half of her savings.

It really isn't that bad, but I'm not all into symbolism when I'm reading and this book is filled with it. Hidden meanings, blah blah. Not that I read drivel. Just that Colombian literature isn't my bag. It is written beautifully though, so it has that going for it.

Must go look for a recipe for peanut butter cookies. A good one, where they come out a little bit chewy. Know of any? I promised the girlie that would be our mission tomorrow. Such yummy missions.

No comments: