Friday, February 04, 2005

Today was a half day of school and to celebrate the half day extravaganza I took the kids here.
Why? Because what could be better than an enclosed, cramped, loud area with flashing lights, electronic beeps and kids running pell mell? I'll tell you what, nothing.

Yeah, right.

Okay, so it's almost 1/2 hour from my house and my car has had a little squealy belt sound for a few weeks, no biggie. Again - yeah, right.

Just as I'm stopping at the last set of lights before the parking lot I hear *tickatickaticka*, the battery light comes on and whoopsie the power steering shuts off. Apparently the belt has broken. I struggle to turn into the lot and park the car (or pahk the cah, as that is closer to how I really sound). I put ten dollars aside in case we have to buy supper at Subway and tell the kids to have a blast- we may be there awhile. The blast is had, my father in law comes to bail me out and now I'm home and wishing like hell a free car would fall out of the sky and land in my driveway.

No comments: