Saturday, August 06, 2005

I'm out.

Well, there's a few of you who might know this but for the multitudes that don't this blog has always been secret. My secret. Kept for myself. My husband knew nothing of the posts I've typed or the sites I read. Except for an occasional fact or story, like I hear Milwaukee has the BEST frozen custard or I bet Niagra Falls is beautiful, huh? - I never outed myself.

I mean what if he wanted to read it? And okay, here's another tidbit, I don't like sharing. And this was mine. M.I.N.E. mine.

I recently received an offer or two that I found myself not wanting to refuse. It meant coming clean with the whole blogging/posting/commenting thing. And so I did. After thirteen months of this craziness I just said "Oh, hey I started a website". (I HATE the word blog, never know how to replace it and feel like "my site" is all pretentious for this thing. I mean, Dooce has a site. Mine is clearly a blog. And he wouldn't know what a blog was if it bit him in the ass, but I digress) He say's when'd you start that? I say, because, thirteen months sounds WAY long - awhile ago. He asks what it is, I tell him it's kind of like a journal and people can comment on it and.. then the kicker, said with not a small amount of sarcasm "People actually read it??". I'll chalk it up to not even knowing the slightest thing about the internet and NOT about the quality of my posts...especially when they're weird internet related dreams.

I show him the page, he's only mildly interested. More upset about the pic of the house - as if I'd make sure you all saw the address that is actually on my house courtesy of the cutest LL Bean sign...anyway....

I don't know if he'll ever really GET it or the whole idea of what can come of it. Whether it's a friendship or a recipe or a post that makes me laugh or cry or worry. Whatever it is I'm glad it's not a secret anymore.

No comments: