Wednesday, August 24, 2005

All this and it's only Wednesday

Well, the plans for Boston were scrapped...it involved either commuter trains or subways with minimal parking or parking garages that cost more than whatever activity you've got planned. Too much scheduling for my limited mental capacity this week.

Blackbird talked me out of the mini golf. No, really she didn't but the girlie's attention span starts to fade around the tenth hole and quite frankly I just wasn't up for kidsville today.



We instead drove north of the city.


















North to the Stone Zoo. The kids, they love zoos - me? Not so much. I get what I call Free Willy Syndrome. Remember ole' Willy with his droopy dorsal fin that made him look so pathetically sad? That image has burned itself into my brain leaving me with a whole boatload of guilt for paying money to look at animals in cages. I digress. The main reason we even went this far was the Raptor Show. My boy is a freak for owls, eagles, hawks and such.






After the zoo we went to this art store I found online. My girlie is addicted to paper. Notecards, envelopes, stickers, stamps...you name it. The zoo was relatively close by (only 6.72 miles but 35 long traffic filled minutes) so I mapquested my way over and let the kids pick out some treasures. My son picked out a chinese jumprope and a book about cat's cradle and such. I had to vehemently dissuade him from purchasing scrapbooking supplies. SCRAPBOOKING. Holymotherofgod. I have fought tooth and nail so that I won't be dragged down the slippery slope to scrapbooking. No amount of 'Come on you have to do its' has worked....and there's been alot of those. ALOT. And now my own son wants to take the creative memories plunge. I don't think so, it's a matter of principle now.

No comments: