Sunday, April 24, 2005

Well then, free of alcohol, here I am.

What possessed me, a infrequent drinker at best, to partake in 5 hours of kamikaze shots/drinks? I'll never know, but they were yummy and funnily enough, I was only a little bit drunk - no stumbling.

It is a carnival of death in the aquarium. The crab has bitten the proverbial dust. Thank you all for your sympathies but my son hadn't even named his fish. I think it was the late hour and lack of sleep that had them wailing more than the dead fish. They haven't heard about the crab yet.

We attended the last hockey event of this very long season - a father/son game followed by a party. Apparently we, as families, lucked out this year. According to some of the other parents the families don't ususally socialize outside the rink. Skate, go home. Cripes, you spend a few nights together for 35 weeks a year. At least. And this group - we can't get enough of each other...

We've already planned the pool party for June, set most of the boys up in a summer league together, planned the end of the summer party and set most of the dads up in a summer league. We're having a hard time letting go.

If you have a chance head over to this site and share some love for this extrodiarily happy couple.

And in other blogging news, this girl is back in fine blogging form.

School vacation has come to an end and not a moment too soon. Alot of fighting today. And their fighting + my PMS makes for a grouchy household. On the bright side, because they were wild animals at Lowe's, I directed my son to rake the last of the pine needles out of a flower bed and my daughter got to vacuum the living room and playroom. So two chores got done that I didn't have to lift a finger for. See...silver lining.

No comments: