Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Breaking News

This just in....the crab, who grossily enough, I hadn't taken out of the aquarium until last night, IS ALIVE.

The fucking thing did not MOVE for two or three days. I sneak in there after the kiddos are asleep and scoop it into the net under the cover of night and it's leg. IT MOVES. ACK! I jumped a mile. Then I waited....did it move? My eyes playing tricks???

And slowly he stretched another leg. Fool thing. I dumped him back in as fast as I could because he's a quick little bugger and I didn't want him falling on me or crawling *shivers* on the floor or something.

He's not moving too quickly today though. He did this about two weeks or so ago too, I was cleaning the tank and he got all stiff and dead-like. Thought he was a goner then too, but he came back from the brink. So that's why this time I gave him some extra hours (or days but who's counting?) and he's still kickin' around.

Daughter has a follow up eye appointment tomorrow. Have I told you all how I think the surgery DID NOT WORK???? No? Well, now I have something to post about tomorrow. Because Kate will give me a break and not make me answer questions right away, right sweetie? ;) (Kissing ass never hurts, does it???)

7:35 p.m. Crab update: Some of his legs are, how to say this? um , missing. WTF. Things are not looking good for the little guy. First I loved him, I mean, he's a mini crab. Then he creeped me out because come to find out a mini crab is kind of like a spider but in water. Now I love him again and he's falling apart at the seams. Literally.

No comments: