Friday, January 05, 2007

IN which I learn to not blog about financial messes because there's always something else waiting to drop on my head like an anvil

So, it was suggested that there be no blogging of husbands and jobs.

Well that will be easy.

My husband has been laid off and the job *poof* is no longer.



In all fairness, he was the last one to go this year and we're going with the assumption that he'll be called back when work picks up again. It's likely that there'll be work for him before spring but really, there are no guarantees.

On the bright side - he can take over half the carpool, lunch making, backpack packing duties.

5 comments:

Mig said...

ACK!!!! Hang in there. (and by that I mean, try not to let him drive you nuts)

:-)

blackbird said...

My husband's 'position was eliminated,' which is code for
THERE ARE TOO MANY VICE PRESIDENTS...
I'm blogging about it - I'm just being very vague.

Twist of Kate said...

Well that really sucks. I hope things get better for you. You are already taking it in stride with your little silver lining editions at the end.

Jennifer said...

It's okay Jenny... I'm winning the lottery ;) I'll think of you!

IGirl said...

crossing fingers for you... that things will get better soon. Try not to feel icky and have a head-rake.