Saturday, June 18, 2005

Too Cool for School

Not only did I skip the Friday Show and Tell but my son skipped school and we took off for the entire day doing this. Geeks? You bet.

These were all places we had been before but never with a mission. A picnic lunch at one destination, nothing but mosquito bites at another, the best frozen slushies at one place and at the next place it was a rousing game of "I hid your shoe now you go and find it". It was sunny and beautiful. The perfect day for hookie.

I checked the show and tell last night before I posted, which I don't normally do, and found out that my posting a picture of my checkbook would have been alot like Jen's bad. And my posting a picture of Fred would have been just like Blackbird's bad. Y'know Blackbird I was checking my phone bills last month and there were an awful lot of phone calls to Tuvalu. In the middle of the night. One night I woke up and I heard someone talking, a voice I didn't recognize. I thought it was the T.V. but now it all makes sense. He was saying "First, get the 'puppy eyes' thing down. After that, you're set. You can do whatever. The best way to get into the trashcan, I find, is two paws on the rim and shift your weight and SLAM - it falls and it's like freakin' Christmas. Even though at Christmas I only had to rip through a bag and girl, I ate, like, 4 goddamned pounds of lasagna and some chocolate cake thing. I was sick for two days. It was AWESOME. Anyways, the trash...when they find it and you know they will, because that's just the way they are, do the puppy eyes. Works like a charm."

I mean, how was I to know Blackbird? Sorry 'bout that. His phone privileges are taken away for ..... aw...Fredd-ie....you have the cutest little face. And those puppy dog eyes.. c'mere and let me scratch those ears... Huh? What was I saying? I forget. Oh, yeah - Show and Tell Friday. um..the checkbook...okay, anyway...I skipped.

And today I cleaned. Ho hum. And tomorrow is Father's Day. The husbands gift is sitting at the post office. How thoughtful of me, not to pick it up in time. And no, it isn't a book of stamps.
We watched Huck Finn last night starring Frodo Baggins as Huck. His eyes were creepily big back then.

Tonight I'm assisting in the construction of a diorama for 'Fly Homer Fly'. The paint is drying. That's my high point for the evening. Watching paint dry.

No comments: