Thursday, June 30, 2005

A camping we will go...

See how I'm sitting here instead of getting ready for the mammoth camping trip? That's because no posts = no readers and no readers = no comments. And just because I don't respond personally to every comment don't think I don't love them and you guys for leaving them.

I was up until way too late last night, or too early as the case may be, packing things up....five days in Maine with two dogs, two kids, a pop up camper (the guest house is hitting the road) and a canoe. Take that plus the fact that there's no electricity and no running water and you've got what amounts to alot of stuff to pack.

The fishy has been replaced. It was the girlie's that died. This time. I wasted no time in heading to Petco to pick up a new one. They're kind of a disposa-pet but I've become attached to my little aquarium. It's not like they give me any trouble. You won't for instance catch them running through the hugely expensive electric fence, yelping at the shock in mid-air, for the chance at the neighbor's cat. And then taking off to run to the park next door in the hopes of shagging a few fly balls at a little league game but instead catching the attention of a parent who calls the dog officer because he's pooped in the middle of the field and someone just might step in that. At least the dog officer waived the pick-up fee for me.

So, kiddos....I'm off. Off to Maine. I will take many pictures hopefully one that will coincide nicely with the Friday Show and Tell and hopefully it won't be as expensive as last year's trip which I chronicled for you all. I can't link to my own posts, somehow in all of the changes I've made I took out the ability to link to an individual post. Damn. But really, it was excellent reading, excellent. It's in the June archives from last year. I highly recommend checking it out.

No comments: