Monday, September 25, 2006

So, I guess sitting Indian Style is still in style...or is it pretzel legs?

And I'm back.

I've sat down to post a few times, but meh. I kept deleting everything I'd write (all ten words!) but I think I'm over that now.

My car is back. For now. It still needs some canister filter to be replaced and four new tires but that's gravy compared to the work that's been done so far. I think we'll be hitting the five thousand dollar mark soon...hey it's a telethon...phone in your pledges now! Time's running out!

On the fiscally irresponsible side you all will have to deal with less of my writing and more of my photos. The camera was purchased. And I love her. 12x zoom, people. How can you not love a 12x zoom? Wanna see? And no, I cannot line them up. Sorry. I'm technically retarded. or computerally challenged. And just so you know...i will sometimes swear in front of the kids but they won't hear me saying retard. Is that backwards logic?



View from the Transmission Shop.










In the past few days I've read a post or two about Fantasy Football. I've gotta tell ya...I'm so glad I'm not alone in this obsession. I am crazy for checking the stats and injury reports. For updating my roster and worrying over 'probable' starts. I've always watched football, the Patriots and the Cowboys. Now I find myself watching highlite reels and score tickers, rooting for teams I could honestly give a crap about. Not even my husband can quite grasp this new found obsession interest. Plus I can knit and watch. Mostly. Except where the Pats are concerned. Last night I was bemoaning my Tom Brady choice, the year he seems to have lost some of his fire. My other option is Mark Brunell and mostly, that's not really an option. Except yesterday when he was, like 24 of 26. Gah!

For those of you who read that last paragraph and thought...blah, blah, blah. Well, sorry. It's that time of year.

And then there's Survivor. Which I just watched yesterday and I have to say all the worry about splitting the tribes based on races, I find it interesting that the teams are not appearing to be insulted by this but seem to be embracing it. The representing and such. It's nice, the embracing of their differences and their backgrounds. I was glad to see Billy go...not so glad to see Yul find the immunity ALREADY. Lesson to next season's survivors: Do not send another team's strongest players to Exile Island...it gives them another HUGE advantage in that they can search for the idol, duh!

That's it for now, I don't want to spoil you all...

No comments: