Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I can't feel my hands....I'm Freezing At PeeWee Hockey

Tom Brady in a cast? You know what they say about the boy who cried wolf...or the coach that cried shoulder injury for the past three years, right? Even if it's true, who would believe him? But. You never know. And that's the whole point.

The son actually had a hockey game at 3:10 on Sunday so we missed most of the football game. Which, I have to say, youth hockey? Probably more exciting than the Pats game.

The other team was winning and with :55 left one of our boys broke through their both of their defensemen deked the goalie and tied it up. And with half a second left? Another one of our kids took the puck out of our zone on a breakaway but was caught and tripped by someone on the other team just as he was about to shoot - the buzzer was still going off and the other team was celebrating the tie (?) like they had just won the Stanley Cup - when the ref called the penalty shot.

The other team, in a move that shows how important coaching and parenting can be, threw up their arms, yelled at the refs and started slamming their sticks. Nice. They're nine and ten. Coach let the tripee take the penalty shot...he skated, stick handled and shot. Stuffed by the goalie. Ah well, a tie isn't a loss and there was no better way to end a game between two teams that are in a four way hunt for first place.

In other, more embarrassing news:

I've started watching October Road. I don't think it's going to stick but it's been three weeks in a row now and I actually waited to see what next week preview was before I left the room last night. Next thing you know I'll be tuning in to see Grey's Anatomy. Okay, no I won't be.

4 comments:

Caterina said...

Ha! I watch (actually, watched) October Road too. But I started to get annoyed with the show...mainly because when they flashback to the past, they make it look more like the 80's than the 90's. Researchers for that show are doing a terrible job.

Anonymous said...

Every time I see that DD commercial, I think of you and your PeeWee hockey stories!

Way to go, Tommy. Hype it up, Buddy. New Yorkers love that sh...tuff. XLII

~**Dawn**~ said...

It's ok, Jenny. Just tell yourself you're watching October Road because they wear Sox caps. ;-) I've seen them wearing them in the previews that play during Grey's anyway.

Jennifer said...

It would be so much fun to go to one of your sons hockey games :)

I've not heard of October Road before. Am I missing something?