Thursday, June 25, 2009

Today officially starts Summer Vacation for the kids...now if someone would just tell Mother Nature that as of June 21st she's supposed to turn the knob on the weather machine to 'sunshine'...

I'm on vacation as of two p.m. today. Naturally, we've got a few things planned and seeing as it's supposed to be Summer at this point...everything involves the outdoors.

*Loud Sigh*

There are slugs on the deck. And the pile of sand that has to be wheelbarrowed down to the beach? Waterlogged and really, really HEAVY. I now have a special pair of always wet sneakers to take the dog out because the lawn is long (can't be mowed until it's at least a little bit dry) and yes, always wet sneakers are every bit as gross as they sound but I figure better to have one pair of wet sneakers than 5 pairs.

*Looks out window*

I suppose light grey skies are better than dark grey, right? Right?

And the gloves and scarf I have stashed in the car for hockey...at least I don't need them outside the rink. So that's something...

I haven't had to wash the car for a month.

Ummm...

Ladies, I'm grasping here, to find the positive... can you tell? Hard to find the silver lining in a bunch of clouds that are all the same damned color.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like being in and so I am very tolerant of some rain but I am needing to get out now. I like maybe one good rainstorm a week, not 10 days in a row. I'm done. I have no silver lining for you except that it has to get sunny eventually, right? RIGHT??!!
~Em

~**Dawn**~ said...

I'm kinda thinking I better pack my WDW poncho for the game on July 9... Yikes. That's all I need to do is end up sick for the wedding on Saturday. The bride would kill me.

Mig said...

I hear ya, this weather blows. Have a great vacation, I will miss you.

Jen on the Edge said...

Think of how great all this precipitation will be for your flowers!