Thursday, June 11, 2009

May 21st

See now in real life...my birthday is long gone. But on the blog? It was only three short posts ago. I sometimes like how that works.

My requests were simple. It was to be the four of us, clam strips and ocean. The weather was beautiful and I hit the trifecta - I got all three.

We headed here for dinner. Based on years of driving by on my way to and from the beach and the hugely long lines I've seen - I thought we'd give it a try. It's not much of a website, but I suppose I'd rather have them perfecting the fried clam than learning html and java.

Our view:No vibrating, flashing beeper thingy here. Just a number. On a rock.

The girlie and I? Thought it was delish - the clam cakes (fritters, really) were to die for. The menfolk, however? Not as impressed with their choices. My husband kept looking longingly at the plates of all you can eat crab legs that kept passing by our table. Ah, well - live and learn.

Now, it was downright hot at home but in Newport? Um, TWENTY degrees cooler. Actually not cooler....COLDER. Still though, I thought we'd hit up the sea glass beach before heading home. It was high tide and we pretty much struck out but there were jetties to climb and periwinkles to rescue. "You want me to go again? Because I can go again. Did you cut my head off? Are my feet in the picture? Because I can jump again, y'know. If you need me too. Do you need me to? Just get one more jump. Just in case."Not a problem, kiddo. I'll take a thousand more of these if you want me to.

In summary? Fantastic way to spend my evening.

And as a bonus? We got to come home my other birthday present:

8 comments:

blackbird said...

Happy belated, my pal...

Amy said...

LOVE THIS!!! What gorgeous pictures, what a perfect birthday!! I love it all! I think I'll just have to come out for my birthday for much of the same!

Jen on the Edge said...

Happy belated! I'm glad it was a good day. And those leaping photos? Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me too. My husband, though, instead of rescuing periwinkles, would be eating them with a pin. Yuck.
~Em

Caterina said...

Happy Birthday! What a perfect day. You lucky girl.

Caterina said...

...and these are some awesome, crisp & clear, beeyootiful pics.

Caterina said...

I've returned to comment again about how gorgeous your pictures are....and not just the people/pets in the pics but the quality of the shot. If I may ask, what kind of camera do you use?

lisa said...

Pretty puppy!