Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Where I've been



The boy - who, it must be noted, tied his own skates. Cue the singing angels.

The girlie. Loving her step, step, lean on the stick and glide style.

I didn't think it'd be safe but somehow there's seven inches of ice in the cove and four to five where they're skating. It's kind of bumpy but my husband was the only one complaining. He was busy mapping out his week, trying to figure the weather forecast out - if there'll be enough cold weather to flood an area and have it freeze so that it's smooth during christmas vacation.

So he can hold practice for the team out there.

Sounds like he has too much time on his hands? Well, guess what....he totally does.

He got laid off this week. Sort of. It was the whole, maybe we'll shut the job sites down. Maybe we'll still need you next week, maybe maybe maybe.

And so, because he's not good with the leisure time, he was all pissed because he needed to call the dreaded unemployment office at 7:30 a.m. and not, and I repeat NOT at 7:36 a.m.

Apparently there is a glut of unemployed slackers waiting until 7:36 to call but if you are motiviated and make the call earlier - less hold time.

Why was he pissed? Because I assumed he would take the son to the bus stop (he was dressed, shoes and all) and could make his phone call six minutes late. God forbid he spends forty minutes of his day on the phone when that is the ONLY FREAKING THING he has to do in the six hours the kids are at school. Oh, and plus while he was trying to call I got a little snarky and may have said something like this while he was dialing:

If you're a control freak with too much time on your hands, press one.

If you think calling six minutes late will dent your free six hours, press two.

Can I still pretend I don't know why he got mad?

And so he calls. And the office doesn't open until 8:30 a.m.

*jenny marks her invisible tally board*

score one for me.

Rest assured, we squabble, we forgive and forget. We don't dwell. Well, most of the time anyway. Plus, last night, when we ran out of pretzels during our chocolate covered pretzel making frenzy...he went out to get us more. See? Nice guy. Really, he is.

4 comments:

Amy said...

LOL love the snarky comments! He is a nice guy, we know.

I wish I could see the pics of the kids, but alas, I've done something to my 'puter and it's protesting the viewing of such things.

Enjoy the chocolate covered pretzels!!!

Jennifer said...

That boy can really skate! and ah yes so nice he can tie his own skates now!

Your girlie is way too cute. And I seriously have to remember to stop typing the first letter of her first real name. Rolling my eyes.. Don't worry. I'll do my best to re read any comments I make to make sure I don't blurt it out.

I was just wondering yesterday. Where you've been... and now I know!

How does the husband get water down to the pond to flood it? You don't have a hose THAT long do you? Cause that would be one crazy long hose!

I'm still giggling about your press one press two lines :) You're too funny.

Caterina said...

My husband and I, we squabble, forgive & forget too. Works better that way :)

~**Dawn**~ said...

Busting a gut at "If you're a control freak with too much time on your hands, press one."