Thursday, December 29, 2005

Thirteen on Thursday



Thirteen Things about Jenny


1….
1. Loving the holidays with your family of four is easy. Enjoying it with your inlaws while family issues rear their ugly heads, it's a bit more of a challenge.

2. My son didn't make the soccer travel team. Well, he did but it's the 'we would've had to cut him and we didn't want to so we put him on another team where he'll hardly play' team. You know, I'm not sold on the whole idea...sometimes, kids just don't make the team. And that should be okay too.

3. wicked good slippers from Bean's? Are too comfy to remove. And thanks to outdoor soles...I don't have to.

4. Someone is celebrating a birthday today...and because of that she's taken the day off from the Thirteen on Thursday and has also given me only 12 things to think on. Thanks Running2Ks!

5. I got numbers 1,2,3,4 & 13 from last weeks Thirteen on Thursday as presents. And half of number 10. Half as in cobalt and tangerine. There was no plum to be found.

6. Speaking of fiestaware...the store people warned us about the dark cobalt getting all scratched up...has anyone had any fiestaware experience to share on the subject?

7. I also got this. Which I love. And because as a only child I actually made a library out of my own books for excitement (masking tape labels on the spines) so I smile whenever I see it. Thanks C.

8. The son has caught the Sudoku bug.

9. There are so many plans on the table for New Year's Eve I'm ready to just throw my hands in the air and say forget it.

10. Maybe I'll purchase #6 from last week's list and have a little marathon.

11. Remember yesterday...how the kids were behaving? Yeah, well today? Not so much.

12. So far I've spent my Christmas Eve with hockey folk and New Year's Day we've got ice time too. And on tap for February? A tournament. Scheduled for the weekend of our 10th anniversary. Really, we've made some good friends but that wasn't quite what I had in mind for the big 1-0.

13. I love MommaK's idea for Christmas next year. That's exactly what I mentioned at the dinner table the other night...a vacation, where it's warm and tropicalish. Sounds heavenly.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



No comments: