Thursday, July 21, 2005

So, I ususally reserve this blog for happy rainbow filled thoughts.

Not today.

When I say "I'm taking the kids to Maine for four days and we're going to tent it". Maybe, JUST MAYBE I could've married someone who didn't nod their heads with a little smirk.

And lord knows I love going camping with these two but the prep work is just that....work. Buddy, I'm taking the kids away for four days could you just offer to bring the tent upstairs or empty out the cooler or ask if I need anything done. Instead of asking for me to do yet one MORE errand before I try to leave today.

There was laundry to be done, a quick trip to the grocery store and so much crap to pack. This is after I gave the girlie a bath and read her two books and put her to bed. The Red Sox weren't even on last night, what else could keep him glued to a chair with not so much as lifting a finger? Who knows. He was waiting for me to look all overwhelmed and ask for help. Not that I'm stubborn but ... well, wait - of course it's that I'm stubborn, I didn't ask. So maybe his smirk was justified because I'm not sure I'm going. There's still so much to be done and I have ZERO motivation to do it with. Well, not zero. My motivation is a.) how disappointed my son will be when I pick him up from his sleepover only to tell him we're not going and b.)to prove my husband wrong. a & b simply do not look like they will make for an enjoyable, positive attitude filled time away.

* update: I just took the dog out and checked my car. My mistake. He put the tent and a hachet in the back.


On a more lighthearted note:

This is an Interactive Internet Question Game. I got it from Blackbird.

This is how it's played:

1. If you want to play, leave a comment below saying so.
2. I'll post five unique questions to the comments section of this post.
3. You answer them in your blog.
4. In your post, you include this explanation and an offer to interview others.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Here are my questions from Blackbird:

Jenny:

1. You can live in Siberia or the Bayou...choose. The bayou. Because even with the fear of alligators, mosquito hatred, hillbilly fears and no love of swamp water it still seems better than Siberia.

2. Would you rather be a tall, thin, blonde runway model or a Nobel Prize winner? Throwing caution to the wind I'd have to say the model. You can learn "smart".

3. You can change one thing about your appearance, without surgery...what would you change? I'd have to say my weight. So cliche and yet it's always a work in progress.

4. Do you like the circus? Except for the clowns and the guilty feeling I get when I clap for the 'balancing on a ball' elephants - yes.

5. What time do you go to bed at night? Ususally midnight.


If you leave me a comment be forewarned that I may not be back here until Sunday night at the earliest.

No comments: