Friday, February 18, 2005

The post that should be all caps - because YES, I AM THAT MAD.

Ugh. Whoever came up with the same shit, different day, well that's my new favorite quote even though I never say it. Except for right now, because it totally works here.

My car. A belt that flew off. Antifreeze sprayed all over the engine and inside of the hood. Loss of power steering, temperature skyrocketing suddenly and a bright red battery warning light.

Sound like a post from two weeks ago? HAH. Well, I had nothing original to say so I went and had my car break down again just as I was pulling into the hockey rink tonight. Look, even my bad luck is not original.

I am PISSED. The husband is in Maine. Wanna know what he said? Do ya? "Oh yeah, I heard that rattley sound before I left."
Huh? Funny, don't I drive my car with two kids buckled into the back and wouldn't it be, say, dangerous to have the power steering just LET GO when I'm trying to make a turn (Which is EXACTLY what happened) Or maybe it would be better to break down at night as I leave the hockey rink, in the dark, and we could spend our evening huddled together while waiting for the tow truck driver to come and get us. (It was still light out and a teammate's dad brought us all home) "I heard that rattly sound before I left."

Funny coincidence: Before I left for the rink I called him to let him know that the SUV we were looking at had gone down in price by about $1500.00 and I was going to take a ride down to the dealership to check it out and make him an offer. Okay, says the husband, try to get him down to XYZ dollars and see how you make out. I get home from the rink tonight, steaming, and I call him. He tells me now how totally irresponsible it would be to buy something in a fit of anger and basically how I'm not capable of 'The Art of the Deal'. Hey Buddy...I wasn't mad BEFORE I went to hockey. And now I am. The SUV guy doesn't know this stuff, what's it matter? Grrrrr..

Yes, I'm ranting AND bashing the husband a bit. Too bad. He may have a point about the whole wheelin' and dealin' thing. But don't think I'll tell him that. Amazing how I became a blithering idiot after I got mad that he admitted that he had heard the rattle and went on his merry way. Again, grrr.

Off to jammie up the posse and send them off to bed. G'nite.

Ah, free therapy thanks to blogger. Am feeling better already.

P.S. When I got home I found the chicken I had planned to use for dinner was spoiled and I'm outta milk. Got any Paxil Kate?

No comments: