Saturday, July 10, 2004

Just a Warning

Friday was the evening of my eagerly anticipated book club meeting. I say eagerly anticipated because A. We only meet every six weeks. B. Usually we have good snacks. C. We really have a blast together. We're all moms and most of us don't hang out together outside of this group, but we've all become friends and spend a lot of time laughing and commiserating.

Anyway, I had to enlist a babysitter because my husband and son are in Maine. I also had to enlist the service of my good friend (and book clubber) to stay at my house while I brought said babysitter home.

Now, it's 12:10a.m., barely a car on the road. I have no kids in car seats and some good music on the radio (no wiggles, thank you very much). We have exactly two stoplights in the entire town, both of which were red when I rolled through to make right hand turns.

Now, don't get me wrong....I slowed down and looked for oncoming cars and only one was coming, but they were still very far away. I certainly didn't pose a danger to anyone (because that was seriously the only other car around). The crummy part is that it was police car. He saw me blow off the first light and followed me to the second (which I also just slowed down and turned through). Out come the lights and the sirens. He takes forever to get out of his car (doesn't he know I need to get back to my house???) and comes over, but not before searching the backseat for my non-existent open alcohol containers laying on my kids car seats. Oops, not only are there no bottles, but I don't have my drivers license (in my purse on the kitchen counter) or registration (lost it about a year ago). He was very polite asked me some questions and returned to his cruiser for a very long time. Came back with a written warning, so it could have been worse. My poor friend back at my house was working up to full on panic mode because I was like 15 minutes late and she figures I'm in a wreck somewhere.

Nope, just a typical mom with no kids in the car, listening to music, driving a little too fast on some empty roads.



The evidence. Posted by Hello

No comments: